Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My birthday, with a side of jellyfish and Jesus


The kids from classroom 3-2 who gave me flowers for my birthday. I asked, and yes, it is normal to give men flowers in Korea, especially on their birthday, especially when a bunch of the girls decide they need to.









Pictures/video from the Passion International concert I went to in Seoul. Pretty awesome. 2000 Koreans and I, singing to God together (and in English no less!). It is odd though that I could have gone to Passion like 5 different times in the US, and then I end up deciding to go here like a week before. Maybe being in a new country makes one more spontaneous.

Ok, these next pictures and videos are from Busan, which is the second largest city in S. Korea, and is on the southern coast. We went to the beach (for like 5 min, silly guided tours), and to a really nifty aquarium. Check out the jellyfish!



As a side note, I want to post this video of a Korean dance show that happened down near THE Yawoori (that is the mall in Cheonan). I saw it and thought to myself ,"My little brother would think this cool." I mean, hey, the girls are your age *wink wink*. There were many more intricate dances, but my camera was almost out of battery and so this, and 2 others, is all I could get. I will email the others, they are a bit longer. Hope you like it Dan!

That's all I got for now, and as will become normal, if you want to see many more pictures, go check out my facebook, it has like 40+ in a new album.

Lastly, biggest thought of the week was that I need to be more gracious with people...all the time...everywhere...with everyone...no matter what they do or don't do. I'll leave you with that.

Peace,

Hal

3 comments:

Jo Ellen said...

Hi Hal:
Just catching up - have been very busy. I am so glad that I can share this experience with you thru your blog.
Happy belated birthday.
Jo Ellen

Cortney and Dave said...

Hi Hal! It was so great to talk to you last night! Miss you so much and I would like to keep in touch with you during your journey (and of course where life takes you next). I would love to hear more, please keep in touch and I will do the same!
much love, cort

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you post here anymore? Has the path become obscure and landmarks unknown.? On the journey or lost in a journey. Enjoy each day and the moments it shares.

T